Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lost in Feelings for a Girl Who’s Lost in the World




Bloodshot eyes glued to the ceiling.
Your name pumps through my veins;
What is this feeling?

My damaged heart could use some healing;
but you take another puff. I wait in vain,
bloodshot eyes lost in the ceiling.

A deck of cards isn’t what he’s dealing.
You don’t call me back. Another gram of pain.
What should I be feeling?

You ask me if I love you, but I try concealing
the truth as if my blood hasn’t been replaced by your name;
And your bloodshot eyes believe me, glued to the ceiling.

Your spirit he is slowly stealing,
numbing your essence. You’re not the same.
What is this feeling?

His hollow, hungry shell, feeding on your feelings.
I take a puff. Now neither of us can be saved.
Our bloodshot eyes stuck on the ceiling.
What exactly is this feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment